Prof (Dr)ROSY WALIA
HEAD,POST GRADUATE DEPTT OF COMMERCE
GOVERNMENT COLLEGE OF COMMERCE AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION,
SECTOR 50, CHANDIGARH
|Examination||Name of the Board/university||Percentage of marks obtained||Division/ Class/ Grade|
|High Secondary Part I||CBSE||77.3%||1st Div.|
|High Secondary Part II||CBSE||78.7%||1st Div. / Ist in CBSE in Chandigarh Scheme|
|73.8%||1st Div./ 1st in P.U, Gold Medalist|
|Ph.D.||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal university, Srinagar
|Topic–Portfolio Management and Resource Mobilisation Practices of UTI|
Working Experience: 31 years. Has taught in PGGC-46, PGGCG-42and PGGCG-11, before starting the present assignment. Has been acting as the HOD since 1998 and Dean of the college from the session 2015-16. Besides teaching has been actively involved in all the administrative activities of the college.
List of Publications:
Published books on the following topics pertaining to the syllabi of various graduate and post graduate courses of different universities:
Human Resource Management
Project Planning and Control
Portfolio Management and Security Analysis
Psychology for managers
List of Papers Published
1 “Resource Mobilisation Practices of UTI”, Political Economy Journal of India, Vol. XIII, Issues 3 & 4, 2004, Chandigarh.
2 “Performance Evaluation and Growth of Unit Trust of India”, Indian Economic Panorama, A Quarterly Journal of Agriculture, Industry, Trade and Commerce, Vol. XV, No. 1,2005, New Delhi.
3 “World Trade Organisation – Impact on Indian Agriculture”, Indian Economic Panorama, A Quarterly Journal of Agriculture, Industry, Trade and Commerce, Special Annual Issue, 2005,New Delhi.
4 “Portfolio Management Practices of UTI: A Case Study of US-64,” RIM Journal of Strategic Management & Information Technology, Vol. II, No. 1 and 2.2005
List of Papers Presented
1. Presented a paper titled” Sports, Politics and Corruption—are these three separable “in a National Conference, on the topic” Physical Education, key to holistic inter- disciplinary collaboration” organized by the Deptt of Physical education, PGGC-11 on March 11-13, 2011
Presented a paper titled” “ Women Entrepreneurs in and around Chandigarh- A case Study” “in a National Conference, on the topic” Entrepreneurship- Opportunities and challenges” organized by Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh in 2010-11
Presented a paper titled” “Women Entrepreneurs in Society- Threats, Opportunities and Empowerment”in a National Conference, on the topic”Challenges to Inclusive growth” organized by DevSamaj College Chandigarh, India in 2012-13
Presented a paper titled” “Emotional intelligence and Dual career couples in a National Conference, on the topic” Emotional Intelligence and its emerging trends” organized by GCCBA-42,Chd in 2013-14
Presented a paper titled” A study on role of banking industry in the economic development of India” in the two day national conference held in UBS, PU, Chandigarh in December 2015.
List of Conferences/Workshops/Training
1. Attended an International Conference on “ Management of Intangibles” in UBS, P.U. in Dec 2009-10
2. Attended a 10 days NSS training camp in 2010-11
3. Attended 2 Days Workshop on “counseling services ” held at PGGCG, Sector-42, Chandigarh from 17th May to 18th May, 2010
4. Attended 3 Days Workshop on E-Content Development held at PGGCG, Sector-11, Chandigarh from 10th March to 12th March 2010
5. Attended 5 days UGC sponsored workshop on “ Capacity Building of Women managers in Higher Education” in PGGCG 42 from 9.01.2012-13.01.2012
6. Attended a workshop on “Research Methodology and Operations of Statistical Package for the Social Science (SPSS)-A Step towards Interdisciplinary Approach organised by the Dept. of Physical Education-TE&L Post Graduate Govt. College, Sector 11,Chandigarh under the aegis of Education Department Chandigarh Administration, Chandigarh in October 2013.
7 Attended a seven day faculty development programme on SPSS in GCCBA.
8. Attended a one day national seminar on Drug Addiction and the youth of Punjab, in PGGC 11, organized by the department of physical education and music on 11th April 2016.
Date of Birth: 21st August 1962.
Father`s Name: Sh. S.P.Walia
Address : 1617-C, Sector 35 B, Chandigarh
Email Id: email@example.com
Mobile No 9888409177.